confluence port change

Hsu Yao Chang September 13, 2015

Dear all, 

If our confluence use 80 port default, how can we change another port for confluence use ? Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

Hi,

Just like Nic mentioned, the Confluence port number should be configured on the server.xml file which is located on the Install-Directory/conf folder. You can use the below documentation for instructions on how to edit the server.xml file and configure a new port number for Confluence:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/change-listen-port-for-confluence-165823.html

Regards,
LM 

0 votes
Deleted user June 10, 2016

It's worth noting that you can change the port during initial installation (as I recall it, you're asked if you want the defaults or custom ports) - but in my recent experience going from 5.9.10 to 5.10, the port was reset to defaults without asking. Took me a few minutes to work out why it wasn't starting and answering requests.

It does seem to indicate that putting it behind a reverse proxy would be wise, even for internal access.

0 votes
Hsu Yao Chang September 14, 2015

Thank you for all reply.These information is useful for us. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2015

It depends on your installation, but generally you need to look at the server.xml that the Tomcat uses.

Confluence's default port is not 80 though, the installers tend to put it on 8090, so you've probably already changed it once and we don't know how (via reverse proxy, editing Tomcat server.xml, running a different application server, etc)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events