confluence permission app - master page, page

Learner December 10, 2018

Hi, I'm a novice at using Confluence so please bear with me!

From my understanding of the space and permission settings against users, there doesn't seem to an easy way add a user to only see a "single page" within a space. 

Currently my team has a space (NB: users to this space are restricted to my team) however we have pages where we engage other stakeholders whom we would like to see those particular pages pertaining to them only. ie we have meeting notes with these stakeholders.  However our other team pages should not be viewed by them for privacy reasons. 

Is there a plugin that would like ease of users and permission settings easy. ie to be able to allow certain users to see master page and other users to only see "sub pages". 

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Learner December 11, 2018

Hi @Tom Lister thanks for your response. Ok, understand however as we have multiple pages on our team page, it would be quite time consuming to individually restrict each page just so the stakeholder can only view the specific page we want them to see. 

For example, we have 10 existing pages which are purely for our team. We then create 1 page which we want the stakeholder to view. 

It appears in order to achieve what we want - we need to individually restrict each of those 10 pages accordingly? 

And if we were to add subsequently add "new"pages, the page restriction settings would need to be updated accordingly so the stakeholder doesn't then view those "new" pages? 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2018

Hi

you can set space permissions as usual but then add a restriction to the page you want to keep private

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2018

Hi @Learner

yes you can set the restrictions you want on pages but you will need to configure them all by careful use of groups

see

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/permissions-and-restrictions-139557.html

And 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events