confluence on windows without iis

richardmh August 11, 2019

For days and days I've been moving an instance of Confluence 3.1.1 standalone which has run perfectly for 10 years on a win2k3 server to a win server 16 because the host wants to close down the old one (for obvious reasons).

So, in my long struggle I've got it to run as a service on localhost:8080 but seem to be totally defeated connecting to iis 10

I'm sure I'm not far off, it all seems to be connecting but isapi_redirect.log is reporting 'No host matches server name' and returning a 400 and for the moment I'm stumped.

To be quite honest, I'm a bit tired of this now, the server is only going to run this one thing, so I was wondering if it is possible to simply uninstall iis entirely and just run confluence on tomcat natively on port 80 ?

Is this as simple as changing port="8080" to port="80" in server.xml?

Could be marvellous if it was...

Thanks

Richard

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richardmh August 12, 2019

Cracked it!

Actually didn't do what I proposed above, instead tried ARR, bing-bang-bong it works!

This method does not require multiple configuration files (uriworkermap.properties, workers.properties, regkeys), IIS configurations and DLL files.

Excerpt from Microsoft:

“Microsoft Application Request Routing (ARR) for IIS 7 and above is a proxy-based routing module that forwards HTTP requests to content servers based on HTTP headers, server variables, and load balance algorithms. ARR relies on the URL rewrite module to inspect incoming HTTP requests to make the routing decisions. Therefore, the URL rewrite module is required to enable ARR features.”

Richard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events