Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[confluence] how can an end-user add a link to a wiki page and make it open on a new tab/window?

eclipse February 20, 2014

i know admins have the ability to configure confluence to make "external" links open on a new tab/window.

BUT what i want is to allow the end-user to choose, at the moment of posting a link to a wiki page, if it should open on a new tab or not - very much like a normal html "target" option would do.

if you look at google docs, they already give the option, and they offer a free service... hope atlassian is listening and makes this happen

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Unfortunately, not possible currently.

eclipse February 20, 2014

well, that sucks, and (to me) shows how little the team building #confluence interacts with other apps, sites and people... such a basic functionality is supported even by google docs, which, i remind the #atlassian team, is free

Jamieson Longley January 25, 2017

I agree this seems like basic link functionality.

A good use-case for this is when there is a long list of links to relevant spec docs or externally hosted prototypes (e.g. Axure prototypes in my case). It is kind of a pain, from an end-user standpoint, to go back and forth between the spec doc and referencing list page. This is especially true in my case since I often link to a prototype that itself links to different page states (a user would then have to click the browser back button multiple times to get back to the list).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events