confluence charting similar to excel

Janene Hoffmann February 4, 2015

While I attempt to find useful and meaningful charting within Confluence, I still cannot find anything that simulates  the charting capabilities of Excel.....

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

Janene,

Try using the chart macro. I use it heavily here and it basically will draw charts on any tabular data inside it. Not only on tables but I heavily use Bob Swift's SQL macro and render data direct from SQL queries into really useful charts.

Hope this helps

Janene Hoffmann February 4, 2015

While I use the chart macro along with embedding SQL into mark-up pages, I was hoping to find better graphics on the charts in a way that has clearer definition as found in Excel - more crisp detail perhaps. I'm also trying out Advanced Tables for Confluence.....https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.table to see if there are some features to take advantage of, but so far I don't see any Thanks for your suggestion.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

The chart macro works in a specific way. Changing *how* you produce the data for it will not change the look/clarity of the resulting chart.

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2015

I am only making conjecture here, as well, but I suspect that the chart macro assumes the rather typical 72ppi used for web pages; the one in Excel will (also conjecture) be producing charts at a much finer resolution for crisp images when printing (which will also be evident on screen since virtually every display these days is >72ppi)

0 votes
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2015

Janene,

Another option to look into is Spreadsheets for Confluence by Valiantys. I haven't been able to try it yet, but would be interested to hear feedback from you or anyone else that might try it. Here's the Atlassian Marketplace link:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.spreadsheets

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events