Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confluence - 8091 for synchronize is not opened

Seunghee Oh May 22, 2017
hello. i have installed confluence 6.4 on FreeBSD. then 8090 port is opened, but 8091 port for syncronize is not open.Anyone knows why the 8091 port is not working?

here is my start log.
root@confluence:/ # service confluence start
Starting CONFLUENCE"man security" gives very good advice on how to tune the security of your
FreeBSD system.
If you encounter issues starting up Confluence, please see the Installation guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Installation+Guide

Server startup logs are located in /home/atlassian/confluence/logs/catalina.out
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Using Java: /usr/local/bin/java
2017-05-23 08:23:14,244 INFO [main] [atlassian.confluence.bootstrap.SynchronyProxyWatchdog] A Context element for ${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy is found in /home/atlassian/confluence/conf/server.xml. No further action is required
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Using CATALINA_BASE: /home/atlassian/confluence
Using CATALINA_HOME: /home/atlassian/confluence
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/atlassian/confluence/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /usr/local
Using CLASSPATH: /home/atlassian/confluence/bin/bootstrap.jar:/home/atlassian/confluence/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /home/atlassian/confluence/work/catalina.pid
Tomcat started.
root@confluence:/ #

here is my network log

root@confluence:/ # netstat -a -n
Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address (state)
tcp4 0 0 127.0.0.1.8000 *.* LISTEN
tcp46 0 0 *.8090 *.* LISTEN
udp4 0 0 *.514 *.*
udp6 0 0 *.514 *.*

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2017

Is your firewall blocking it?  Is synchrony running at all?  If it's not, what does the log say?

Seunghee Oh May 22, 2017

The log was captured in confluence server. and synchrony is not tunning at all. So I checked the network port. then 8091 port was known as sunc is not opened.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2017

Ok, so if Synchrony is not running, then port 8091 is not in use.  So I'm not sure what the question is now.  I wouldn't expect the port to be in use as the concurrent editor functions are off.

Seunghee Oh May 23, 2017

I've changed DB library. then it was solved. I think the synhrony service does not run because of database problem.

thank you

zeng cai May 15, 2018

Hello, I now 8091 port can not start, with your problems like, you are to change the database configuration to solve the problem? Please inform the specific solution, thank you

zeng cai May 15, 2018

Hello, I now 8091 port can not start, with your problems like, you are to change the database configuration to solve the problem? Please inform the specific solution, thank you

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2018

You need to open the port in the firewall, so the application can use it.  You can turn Synchrony off and revert to non-collaborative editing (Admin -> Collaborative editing -> off) if you don't want to open the port.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events