conditional formatting for public/private view

Udhaya Kulandaivelu June 9, 2016

Is there a way in Confluence to reveal only certain columns from a table for public view?

There’s a situation in my group where in a table with many columns, some of the columns are private info while the rest of the columns are okay for the public. Any ideas on how to dice this?

I tried using:

only:: Partners 

designation on select private columns and nothing happened!

--UK

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Hello Udhaya Kulandaivelu,

I'm afraid to say that we do not have this level of customization where you can set selected content of a public page into private, but I agree with you that this feature would be useful, and Atlassian too.

They raised the suggestion CONF-42844 - Possibility to turn private selected content in a public page regarding your request, please vote on it, to increase the suggestion visibility and you can set yourself as watcher to receive notifications about any updates on this page.

Feel free to add comments on this suggestion if you think that you have any information to improve the suggestion or explaining how it can be useful for your environment.

Regards,

Lameck.

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

not a definitive answer but can you use the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros somehow??  Might not wok well as part of a table

But perhaps in your public page have a table but in the private page have the Excerpt Include from the public page plus a second table??

Does sound a tad messy ....

0 votes
Udhaya Kulandaivelu June 9, 2016

Davin,

Thanks for the suggestions. Will try them.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

I would say maybe put the data into an SQL table and then use an SQL addon to select the columns that you want to display and pipe it out to a table. Here are some SQL addon's that might do what you want.

SQL for Confluence

Play SQL Base

PocketQuery

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events