(comala workflows) Is it possible to set a page property as a required field for a state transition?

Bettina Hübner July 21, 2015

Hi,

my question is about Comala Workflows. We have a page template including a table for some page properties. The user should fill in all values before the page can be approved. Is it possible to set the page properties as mandatory fields?

Thanks in advance,

Bettina

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hi Bettina,

As William suggested(thanks William!), we can provide the best support through our support portal as depending on the tags used we don't always see questions posted on Answers.

That said, something like this should do the trick:

{approval:Approval|@PAGE PROPERTY 1@=@empty@|@PAGE PROPERTY 2@=@empty@}

which will keep the approval disabled(no approving/rejecting/assigning) until all the page properties are set to a non-empty value.  We can also check if the pageproperty has user mentions or not with "usersdefined=@PAGE PROPERTY 1@, @PAGE PROPERTY 2@".

GIve that a try and let us know if that works for you. 

Thanks,
Miguel

2 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Hey Bettina,

Comala has their own support channel, I think there's more chance to get an answer from an official agent there:

https://comalatech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
WZ

0 votes
Rashmi Nema July 17, 2018

Hi Team,

Can we mandatory a comment box in Comala Workflow so that approver when reject or Approve a page they won't be missed out mention the reason.

Thanks,

Rashmi

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2017

I managed to get it working by setting @empty@ to a blank value

{set-metadata:empty}@Vorname@{set-metadata}

To enforce it is not empty, you need to negate it. 

{approval:RequiredFields|@Vorname@=!@empty@|@Nachname@=!@empty@}

Actually the better solution will be to use usersdefined condition

{approval:RequiredFields|usersdefined=@Vorname@,@Nachname@}
0 votes
Bettina Hübner July 26, 2015

Hi Miguel,

thank you for your help. I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately, it does not work properly.

My simple test workflow looks like this:

{workflow:name=SimpleWorkflow|label=simpleworkflow}
  {state:Draft|approved=Finished}
    {approval:RequiredFields|@Vorname@=@empty@|@Nachname@=@empty@}
  {state}
  {state:Finished}
  {state}
{workflow}

I have a page template with two page properties ("Vorname" and "Nachname"). When I create a new page using the template, its status is "Draft". The approval is possible and changes the status to "Finished", even though the required fields are empty.

(Confluence 5.8.6, Comala Workflows 4.8.0.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events