Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant

Pandiyan Muthuraman March 20, 2023

Hi Confluence Team,

Recently have upgraded confluence from 7.13 to latest LTS 7.19.6 version (data center), after upgrade confluence restarts failed with below message in atlassian-confluence.log

####

caused by: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted [public abstract org.hibernate.Session org.hibernate.SessionFactory.getCurrentSession() throws org.hibernate.HibernateException] is not allowed.
at com.atlassian.cache.ehcache.DelegatingCachedReference.get(DelegatingCachedReference.java:75)
caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted [public abstract org.hibernate.Session org.hibernate.SessionFactory.getCurrentSession() throws org.hibernate.HibernateException] is not allowed.
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.tenant.TenantedProxyFactory.lambda$throwVacantExceptionOnMethodCall$3(TenantedProxyFactory.java:98)

###

Also in confluence.cfg.xml could see new line entry "<property name="access.mode">READ_WRITE</property>"

I have removed those lines and tried restart still these lines getting appended into file automatically and service failed to UP

can someone please help me, TIA!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Pandiyan Muthuraman ,

the error can be like following,

2022-03-06 15:42:15,612 ERROR [http-nio-6641-exec-3] [[Standalone].[localhost].[/c641].[noop]] log Servlet.service() for servlet [noop] in context with path [/c641] threw exception
com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted [public abstract org.hibernate.Session org.hibernate.SessionFactory.getCurrentSession() throws org.hibernate.HibernateException] is not allowed.

Which just shows that Confluence is unable to connect to its database. Further analysis of the atlassian-confluence.log will highlight other reasons for this error.
This error can also appear if the encoding of the database is not set correctly.

Please perform a check at DB level.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Pandiyan Muthuraman March 23, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Thanks for looking into my issue, I've seen same suggestions from Atlassian old reports. 

Currently I've fixed it by rolling back to previous version and reverted changes made on newer release in confuence.cfg.xml file and did sync with DB, then upgrade went smooth.

I forgot to mention one thing in the description, I've done DB sync with production application running lower version  (7.13) than dev application (7.19), Ideally this would affect build_version in database mismatch with confluence.cfg.xml file, that would throw an error with keyword "Build version mismatch" 

But in this upgrade (7.13 to 7.19 LTS) haven't seen this error message but that work around fixed.

I want to ensure whether I did right approach or something else I have missed, Please let me know

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events