Quite randomly, it seems, my work on a drawio diagram is not saved by confluence cloud. I work at a fairly large corporation and did not see this issue before moving to the cloud. Four times in the last 24 hours, when editing a diagram, I click on "Save & Exit", which takes me to the page the diagram is on and I then need to click on "Publish" to complete the save. However, my changes will not show up. When I return to confluence, I don't get prompted for edits that weren't saved as in the pre-cloud version. I have lost hours of work due to this problem with save. I did not have any other confluence pages or diagrams open at the same time (issues with that). One time, I saved a diagram I was working on and a previous diagram I had been working on appeared, so the "Save & Exit" went to the wrong page - I lost all of my changes for that one too. This is infuriating.
Note: This is not the same issue as the updated diagram not displaying after save. My updates are quite gone and do not come back.
Hey @Lorraine Fox , thank you for sharing your experience after migration to Cloud. As I understand, changes you have applied to a Diagram created with Draw.io are not saved after publish.
I would like to understand a little bit more about your situation, focusing on Confluence:
- If you apply changes to your Confluence page (not diagram) and publish it, are those changes lost?
- Is the behavior you described present regardless of web browser used?
We can start by reaching out to Draw.io support as well. I could find this support page from them:
Let us hear from you!
could you provide me with all details here, please:
* Browser version and operating system
* Do you have a problem with a newly created diagram only or with old diagrams also?
* Are you the only one having this problem or other colleagues have it also?
* Exact steps you performed (where you clicked e.g if you licked Save&Exit top right or File > Save&Exit)
* Under File > Revision history, do you see the latest version?
And please, send me screen shots of:
* the save error when/if it appears
* browser console when you try to save a diagram (browser console can be opened in Chrome via Ctrl Shift J (Windows) or Cmd Option J (Mac)
* draw.io version (can be found in expanded draw.io in Manage apps (under Settings)
Hey team. A colleague of mine had this issue today, losing 3 hours of work.
* Browser version and operating system: Chrome + Windows 10
* Do you have a problem with a newly created diagram only or with old diagrams also? Updating an existing diagram
* Are you the only one having this problem or other colleagues have it also? We've had more than one known instance of it
* Exact steps you performed (where you clicked e.g if you licked Save&Exit top right or File > Save&Exit) Opened an existing diagram that had been updated the day prior. Performed 3 hours of updates. Save & Exit button at the top right. The updates were immediately lost.
* Under File > Revision history, do you see the latest version? The revision history didn't update either. The latest version is reading with yesterday's version as the latest version, having not saved today's version.
Draw.io is a great tool, but this issue poses a major setback. There's a drive to reduce reliance on Visio in favour of this cloud-based option, but this issue poses an insurmountable barrier to that change.
Progressive auto-saves are an industry staple with cloud-based applications of this type. Please implement!
Can you please check the draft file (it is an attachment with the same diagram name and with .tmp extension). If its size is zero, please check the latest version that has a size. Download it then Drag & Drop it to draw.io editor. Does it have your latest changes?
Also, does any of the 3 files (.drawio, .png, .tmp) are saved close to the time where you lost your edits.
Lastly, please share with us the browser console log if you faced this issue again.
Hi Community! We're thrilled to share that Team Calendars for Confluence is now a built-in feature for Confluence Data Center releases 7.11 and beyond. A long time favorite, Team Cale...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events