cannot upload images to Confluence page

ankitap November 25, 2019

I am unable to upload images now. It has been working fine (with few glitches) since morning but now they are not at all uploading.

2019-11-25_16-50-49_error.png

Please resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

Hello @ankitap,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

I checked with the rest of my colleagues in the Confluence Cloud team, and we haven't seen any major issues this week that would have caused this across our Cloud offerings.  

Can you please help me to narrow down the cause by letting me know the answer to the following questions? 

1. Does this occur for all users?
  2. Does this occur on all pages and spaces? 
  3. Are you able to replicate the issue across multiple browsers?
  4. If you login from another internet connection, do you also have the same issue?
  5. How are you attaching the file to the page? 

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

ankitap November 27, 2019

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for looking into this issue. Please see my comments inline:

Does this occur for all users?

Ankita: I am the only user.

Does this occur on all pages and spaces? 

Ankita: I was working on one page and it was there. It started working fine after an hour or so.

I am facing another problem in Confluence related to images. I am creating a User Guide for one of our products. Yesterday, when I opened a few pages for review, all the attached images were missing from the page. When checked in the attachment list, the images were present but were not appearing on the page. Many times, I have to rework, attaching the images again.

Are you able to replicate the issue across multiple browsers?

Ankita: I didn't try this. I am using Firefox, just FYI.

If you login from another internet connection, do you also have the same issue?

Ankita: Yes, the issue is common. I generally use Wi-Fi for internet connection, but because of such problems, I am now using a wired connection, and these issues are still existing.

How are you attaching the file to the page?

Ankita: I am attaching by typing "/image" and then browse and upload, or I directly click the Image icon given on the menu bar.

Please let me know if you would need further inputs from my end.

Thanks,

Ankita

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Ankita,

Thank you for the information. 

Does this occur also when you attempt to add document attachments, such as Word docs, PDFs, etc.? How large exactly is the attachment?

Could you have a look at your Developer Tools > Network section on your browser and tell me if there is anything that's preventing you from viewing the image? It will show you in red anything that you aren't able to reach.

Failing that, you may need to contact the Cloud Support team directly. We need to have a look at your server logs. If you need help raising a ticket, could you let me know?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events