cannot enable team calendar 5.3.4

I recently upgraded some plugins in confluence, and now for some reason, my Team Calendars (5.3.4) will not enable.  This is a big deal, because many of our departments use these calendars, and they are down

I would uninstall and re-install but I'm afraid it will WIPE OUT the calendar data

We have Confluence 5.4

We have tried refreshing the plugin cache

Anybody have any suggestions?

4 answers

We have similar problem, but with Conf 5.7.1.

Our Admin is currently not available but Conf is telling me something at Health Checks that 

Max Allowed Packets

What does this check do?

Checks if the max_allowed_packets variable in your MySQL database is appropriate.

Result

Your packet size of 16,777,216 is too small. You should increase max_allowed_packets to 34M.

I found someone solved it like

Change the max_allowed_packet attribute temporarily on your MySQL Server to a value above the recommended 32Mb.

shell> mysqld --max_allowed_packet=64M

Maybe this helps?

Have experienced some similar issues with team calendar in our Confluence instance, and the solution was to downgrade as explained here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-3077

Today is the third time that I when I upgraded unrelated add-ons that Team Calendar was disabled with an error.  The only way we have been able to re-enable it is to reboot the server.  We are running Confluence 5.7.  

Every time, before I upgrade the unrelated add-ons, they are tested in our DEV environment, which is also running the same Confluence version.  However, the Team Calendar add-on does not have any issues in that environment.  

Downloading to a lower version is not the fix.  Any other ideas?

We cleared our plugins cache, and now it's OK

I'm noticing some other issues with plugins tho.. It makes me nervous to run upgrades

-AP

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

107 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you