cannot edit draw.io diagram on confluence page

Danny Kern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

I'm not able to edit a draw.io diagram from the confluence page. We have 9 different draw.io diagrams on the confluence page and 8 of them are editable by hovering over the diagram and clicking the pencil icon

pencil.png

When I hover over the diagram that I'm trying to edit, the pencil icon is missing

Another way to edit is by clicking the draw.io diagrams link in the left sidebar on the page, clicking on the specific diagram, and then hovering over the diagram and clicking the pencil icon.

sidebar.png

When I do it this way, I am getting this error:

draw.io error.png

I am not sure what to do to fix this. The diagram shows properly on the page but we have no way to edit this diagram or export it to create a brand new diagram.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019
Danny Kern
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2019

ok thanks! the first solution you linked worked for me. For anyone else with this issue, just make sure you download the xml file and not the png

Like Zak Laughton likes this
GunterReinitzer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 29, 2021

The link to the first solution is broken. I ended having a bunch of draw.io diagrams that are not editable any more. I also lost some changes due to the fact that copying a diagram sometimes changes both links on a page. Not always. It worked for me in 80% of the cases. But when it made that error, then changing one of the diagrams will change both of them. Then you try to fix the other one ... until you finally end up finding out that you went forth and back on the same diagram. I am very frustrated with this solution.

Like james likes this
2 votes
Den
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 11, 2019

When you insert and create new diagram in a page , and later you delete it from page, the diagram file is still attached to page

you can only insert the old diagram ( but not create new one ) by embed draw.io diagram , and can not edit it any more even you click to edit it 

This is the important bug between draw.io and confluence that need to be fixed ASAP

draw.io.JPGuser can only download the old diagram file and re-import to new created one manually ,  T-T

suzan.m.madsen February 7, 2021

I'm searching for a way to change a draw.io  that for some reason is saved as embedded - and now not possible to edit. The link referenced here doesn't work anymore - any suggestions.?

Den
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 8, 2021

open the old one , ctrl+a select all and ctrl+c copy

create new one (in another browser windows ) , ctrl+p

you can copy and paste + edit new one

suzan.m.madsen February 8, 2021

Thanks for your fast reply :o)

The problem is that I created a entity diagram -

I can open it -  it's named 

Edit ‘Embed draw.io diagram’ Macro - 

with these menues

Current Diagram,Recent Diagrams,Search,Google, Drive,OneDrive,UploadFrom URL,CSV ,Import   can I get it back to entity diagram. 

0 votes
Deleted user November 8, 2021

I had this issue, and solved it by creating 2 draw.io diagrams (copy and pasted from my original draw.io diagram). Of the 2 draw.io diagrams aforementioned, the 1st one could not be edited, but then 2nd one could, so I just deleted the 1st diagram and continue working on the 2nd diagram. This is a bug in Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events