can the system admin or somebody else with permissions modify the system-generated "Label List" view

Dmytro Deliiev March 31, 2023

I'm working on confluence. I use labels. when I click the label, I can see the system-generated view page with text like

"This list shows content tagged with the following label: testsss

To add a label to the list of required labels, choose '+ labelname' from Related Labels."

and then all pages with this label. 

The question is: can the system admin or somebody else with permissions modify the system-generated "Label List" view?
In case we want to add some custom text before the list of pages, for example, the definition of the label. Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Dmytro Deliiev 

I am afraid that this page cannot be easily editable no matter if someone is a system admin or not.

But maybe you can create you own page and add a Content By Label macro?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/content-by-label-macro-145566.html

Dmytro Deliiev March 31, 2023

Hi, @Mirek , thank you for your response.

I know about Content By Label macro but it doesn't satisfy our requirements. 

Consider these cases:

As a user, I read tech documentation with labels and want to find more info. I click the label and see similar pages and definitions of the label so that I can find out if these pages are relevant to my search.

As a tech writer, I fill in a confluence page and want to put a label for it. I see several pretty similar labels and doubt which one to choose.  I click a label and see a definition and a list of pages. (A popup window would be even much better, just hover it). I don't want to spend time trying out all labels and reading all pages under them.

etc.

Such cases are impossible with Content By Label macro.

BTW a popup window when hovering the label is a great idea as well

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events