can´t delete space permissions

Romy_Kaminsky June 22, 2018

I have administration rights to confluence and are trying to delete permissions from a space for groups and users. So I go to the space, choose, configure -> permissions and edit permissions. Then I´m unchecking the boxes for the group / user and say "save all".

But somehow either it´s only a single checkbox that get´s deactivated and sometimes it doesn´t delete any permission. Tried this yesterday with one space, didn´t work. Today I tried for the same space and then after some time the permissions were deleted. Have done the same steps like yesterday.

Is there a known bug or something?

1 answer

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Romy_KaminskyWhich  version of confluence are you  using,  do  you  obtain  any errors, try  to  reproduce it and check  what  the logs  are saying/ provide us with  logs so that  we can  better understand  the issue. logs can  be found in the  <confluence-home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log

Best!

@Moses Thomas: we are using Confluence Version 6.8.2 hostet on our own server.

I don´t get any errors, it´s just not changing the permissions for some spaces. I don´t have access to the logs as this server is maintained by our local IT.

But what I recognized so far: We had another confluence Admin before, who created most of the spaces. For those spaces it seems, I can just add new permissions to a new group for example and delete them as well, but cannot change the old permissions, that have been set before with the creation of the spaces by the old Admin.

And for new spaces, that I have created, it seems to work.

But somethimes also for the new spaces, which I have created, the old admin is there under "single users" at the permissions and I can´t delete the permissions here as well, although the old user is deactivated. Could this be caused, because I have copied the new space from an old space, that the old admin created?

Any ideas?

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

@Romy_KaminskyIf you  confluence system  admin ,  or contact  any  space admin  in  this   space to  add you  as  space admin,  it should work !.

Best!

@Moses Thomas: yeah, but I am the space admin for all of the spaces as well, that´s why I am wondering about I cannot delete permissions

maybe this screenshot makes it more clear:

as you can see, I am added as space admin (section "Einzelne Benutzer")

my user is also in the group for "confluence-administrators" with admin rights for this space. But I am still not able to delete the permissions for the other user in the section "Einzelne Benutzer", which is the old Confluence Admin which created this spaceconfluence permission page.png

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Romy_KaminskyIf  this user appear in  newly  created space,   then user has been  given  permission  in  the global  setting.  see here about. Global permission overview

i suggest that all those user's  which you tried to  remove  them  in  space, also  make sure they  are not set  in  the global  permission,   you  should have confluence admin or  system  ad-min to  see this setting.

Best!

@Moses Thomas: thanks! I checked this already, see screen. The user has not set global permissions as well and is not in the "confluence-administrators" group.

So in the meantime I managed to delete some more permissions by single clicks, so the former admin now only has Add rights for pages and two more. So I am somehow able to delete permissions, but not every time. I cannot simply say "uncheck all" and save, it seems to be very inconsistent.

global permissions confluence.png

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2018

@Romy_KaminskyThis should work  fine now without  problems,  else you  have some network  issues.   please mark  solution as accept/vote so  others can  use once you  verified that this problem no longer exit.

Best!.

Romy_Kaminsky June 25, 2018

@Moses Thomas:

Unfortunately this problem is still not solved yet. Our Systemadministrators had a look into the logfiles, but there is nothing in. We do not have network issues, we checked this the last two days. So I can send you a Support-zip-file, maybe you can find something in there. Please let me know, where to send this file, thank you!

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2018

@Romy_KaminskyDo you have a confluence license  of at-least 10 users , if  yes then  i  propose  that  you  report  this issue  to  atlassian   support.

Best!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events