can not deleted in second pages

Anderson Hsu August 21, 2019

Dear Support Team,
We found we can not delete tree pages under the second when I delete the first tree page. The second pages will leave in original path. How can we modify the condition? Thanks a lot.

page.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hello @Anderson Hsu

Can you help us to understand what you are trying to do? From what I can tell, you deleted the Management* parent page, but the 5 child pages remain. Are you saying that you are also not able to delete these separately?

When you delete a parent page it makes the children an orphan. If you are trying to delete in one go, see this workaround:

Regards,

Shannon

Anderson Hsu August 22, 2019

Dear Shannon, 

After try import word method, it will delete tree pages, but it will also create blank page by word file name. Would it be possible to not create blank page by word file name? 

Thanks a lot.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi Anderson, 

No, this is not possible, but you only need to delete the file once the import is complete.

Regards,

Shannon

Anderson Hsu August 23, 2019

But I think the method is not friendly, why user need to create blank doc file first and delete tree pages ? Is new version confluence can change the condition? Thanks a lot.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2019

Hi Anderson,

There's no way in Confluence to delete all the pages from under a parent. The expected behavior is what you were experiencing: 

If you delete a page that has any child pages, the child pages move up to the nearest parent page. If you want to keep the child pages under another parent, move them before deleting their former parent.

As a workaround:

If you want to remove a parent page and a large number of child pages:

1. Create a temporary new space
  2. Move the parent page to the new space (the child pages will move too)
  3. Delete the space

The articles on deleting a page for the various platforms are:

I'm not clear if you're referring to your Cloud or Server instance, but there are a few feature requests below that you might be interested in.

• CONFCLOUD-65895 Option to delete child pages when parent page is deleted
  • CONFCLOUD-5974 Need ability to delete multiple child pages from the parent page

In addition, we have the following requests to be able to make bulk changes in Confluence, such as deleting a group of pages at once:

Regards,

Shannon

Hsu Yao Chang August 23, 2019

Because most of users do have create space permission, and users usually hope to delete tree pages quickly and don't take more action to finish it.

Sometimes I feel confluence function is not user wish , such as can not quickly multiple attachments, can not quickly delete child pages...etc. ( It's personal thought)

Thanks for your kindly assistance.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2019

@Hsu Yao Chang

In that case, the bulk-type operations request should be just what you're looking for! It would include any multiple bulk-style operations such as the ones you mentioned. Be sure to share this with your colleagues and vote on it if it's something you would like to see.

Do let me know if I can help you with anything further. Otherwise, take care!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events