can i import data from a project file into confluence?

barbarat January 23, 2015

I'd like to use Confluence as the summary status page, and import some dates from the project schedule (Open project) which I use to track the details, dependencies, etc.. Can Confluence do this from a file such as a spreadsheet, pdf, MS office? Just the milestones section would be great.

2 answers

0 votes
marqueses
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2016

Hello,

I have more or less the same need, want to plan in project libre and the syncronize with JIRA to create tasks and/or update information in project libre for created issues in JIRA. Is the same that already makes JIRA connector for MS Project, but for free software Project Libre. 

Anyone has any clue about existing tooling or libraries (preferible in python) to perform it?

Thanks.

Peter Robertson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2021

Hi, 

I was interested in the same thing and I think I've found a workaround. 

In Project Libre you can create and export reports. So you can export Task information into a .csv file.

From this file you can import issues into Jira. Search for "Create issues using the CSV importer"

You can map column names and column values with this importer so probably you don't even need a script.

In Project Libre you also have the option to create custom columns, so you can fill out information that is not really relevant in Project Libre but would be more important in Jira. For example you can create a column for your Epic names, so you would see your newly created tasks under the correct Epic in your road-map.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2015

There is a Microsoft Connector, maybe you can try this:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ecliptictech.connector

barbarat January 23, 2015

Thanks Paul! Actually it doesn't have to be MS project. I'm using project libre (open proj) and the files are either .pod, .xml, .pdf. Thanks!

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 24, 2015

So you are looking for a OfficeImporter and similiar things? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Office+Connector

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events