can i email an event to a confluence calendar?

Lisa Marino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2018

I have a team event calendar in confluence to show when team members are off on vacation, at a drs. appt., etc. The problem is that any such event that I add to my personal Outlook calendar, I have to duplicate on my team event calendar. Or, if I add an event to the confluence team calendar, I have to duplicate it on my personal Outlook calendar.

Has anyone had this same dilemma? If so has anyone solved it?

1 answer

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

Hi Lisa,

There's no way right now to create an event by sending an email to Team Calendar, but there's an open feature request:

We also have a request open for CalDAV support:

Please vote on the above features if you are interested, and comment with your feedback on them as it will help us.

Now, for your issue, you can work around this by subscribing to Team Calendars in Outlook, or try John's workaround in this past Community post.

Can you have a look at those and let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Shannon

Lisa Marino
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2018

Thank you, Shannon. I'll vote on the feature request.

I appreciate the links to the team calendar posts, but we are specifically looking to cherry pick events from individual calendars that we'd like to include on our Confluence calendar. Not everyone uses Outlook, so even creating a team calendar in outlook would not work. Thank you, though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events