can i add multiple separate inline comments to the same text on a page

Glyn Hesketh March 20, 2017

I've been asked to comment on a confluence page that is primarily a number of images (which I don't think I can add an inline comment to) plus a simple two or three word heading for each image.

I want to add multiple comments to the heading text, but also want to keep them as discreet, individual comments as they are related to different aspects of the text.  However, I'm struggling to see how I can do this.

2 answers

0 votes
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 22, 2017

Hi Glyn,

You can try Talk - Advanced Inline Comments add-on for Confluence. It allows adding several comment threads to the same text snippet/image, works in the editor and has the permissions feature - you can control who will see your comments.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

Glyn Hesketh March 22, 2017

Hi Katerina

Thanks for the suggestion, looks interesting. I will take a look and see if could help us.

Rgds, Glyn

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2017

Hi Glyn,

no, I don't think so. You can add a new comment to the same text, if you mark the old comment as resolved.

But since you don't do that, you can just reply to the old one or edit the old one.

Glyn Hesketh March 20, 2017

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the answer, which is what I suspected was the case.

I have a workaround which is a bit clunky and means I have to edit the page as well as commenting, but it will probably be enough for this situation.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events