Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

can a person with "view only" permission make comments?

I am making a table in confluence to capture comments about a list of topics. I also have status bars on that table. I would like people to be able to make comments but not modify the page in any other way. Can people make comments if i restrict everyone to view only? 

1 answer

0 votes
G subramanyam Community Leader Apr 03, 2021

Hi @Sean Ross welcome to the Atlassian community.

To answer your query, I would say the confluence user who has "space admin rights" can restrict the viewer from modifying the page, but can enter comments or delete his own comments if no further discussions happening on his comment section.

Here's the overview of the settings page. If you have space admin access, then try your hands (as per the below screen shot). If you are in a free plan, you will not have edit permissions option.

(Note: I'm on free plan tried to reproduce your query. Below is the screen shot of permissions an admin can exercise for there employees)

Confluence space permissions.jpg

I hope my post answers your query. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,542 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you