burndown chart macro in confluence won't export to pdf

Henrik Mikkelsen November 22, 2018

Hi,

In Confluence I get the Sprint Burndown Gadget fine on the page.

When trying to export to PDF - or Word - unfortunately it doesn't show up. 

It only shows a very long link.

Is there a way to export to PDF (without going through doing it by hand and inserting it on the page)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi Henrik,

Can you take a look at the PDF attached to the following bug and let me know if that's the same result you're getting?

Per the workaround, if you print the page to PDF using your browser instead of the PDF export functionality, it should work:

You can print the page with your browser and then select "Save as PDF" instead of actually printing the page. This is because the problem is related to the PDF export library that is unable to render the JS code of the gadgets before triggering the export. When you print the page in the browser, the content is already rendered, so there is no need for a server-side action before generating the export.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Henrik Mikkelsen November 27, 2018

I can confirm that it is the same problem.

The workaround is, unfortunately, no good. The rest of the page doesn't look OK in that case. And I can't put mandatory headeres and footers on.

Any other solutions? 

Like Yufei Zhu likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for confirming!

There are no other workarounds at this time. If you vote on the bug I linked and comment with your findings, you will be automatically subscribed to the thread and be updated of any changes in the future.

I can't confirm if any of the following could help you, but there are a few PDF export related add-ons in Marketplace. One of them might be able to help you, if you want to have a look there?

Regards,

Shannon

Yufei Zhu June 29, 2022

i can also confirm the same problem! There was supposed to be a chart in my following attached picture but if i use " export pdf " plug-in, it end up not able to export the chart at all. And if i do right click and save as pdf, it exports the chart 90 degrees rotated. It's been a while since this problem has been last raised. any solution/updates so far?Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 8.42.40 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events