Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way for add-on to update content restrictions

Jason Wright November 18, 2018

I have an add-on (ACE, 3.2.0) which occasionally needs to update content restrictions to restrict page edits to certain users.

I can `PUT /wiki/rest/api/content/{id}/restriction` without issue, but get this issue if the restriction excludes the add-on user:

Provided ContentRestrictions evicts current user (you) from: [update]. Must include yourself in "user" sections for READ and/or UPDATE when restricting those operations. Must not provide restrictions which when applied result in current situation.

In the past, to get around this, I would simply make sure that I included the add-on user in all content restriction API calls. I would get the add-on user key by `GET /rest/api/user?username={addon_username}`.

However, I understand that passing `username` as a parameter is deprecated and will be removed as part of the GDPR update. So is there a better solution that I should be using to have my add-on update content restrictions? Or is there a way for my add-on to look up its own `accountId`? (`GET /rest/api/user/current` does not work in this context)

I do want to ensure that the add-on does not evict itself from the update, as this would break other add-on functionality.

2 answers

0 votes
Jacques Malette June 2, 2022

Any progress here?  I have the same issue and need to update a few hundred pages.

0 votes
Jose Mateo Carrasco May 23, 2022

Hi Jason, can you solve this ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events