-bash: ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin: No such file or directory

taranum
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 9, 2020

When trying to install confluence as service , either via sudo or root I am getting below error

[root@USERID atlassian-confluence-7.8.0]# sudo ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin
sudo: ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin: command not found
[root@USERID atlassian-confluence-7.8.0]# ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin
-bash: ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin: No such file or directory

Is there any file with the name as 'atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64'

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2020

Hi taranum,

what sometimes works a bit easier is to execute the installer as follows - it depends a bit from your system and when rights on the file are correct you should be on the safe side.

[root@USERID atlassian-confluence-7.8.0]# bash atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin

Let us hear from you - if you like!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

Hi @taranum ,

Have you placed the installer in your Linux? You should place the installer, change the permissions and ownership. Make it an executable file and then run sudo ./atlassian-confluence-7.8.0-x64.bin

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/installing-confluence-on-linux-143556824.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events