Stefan Baader May 27, 2015

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2015

Yes, you can.  Change the context in Tomcat's server.xml and remove the context from the base url in Confluence

Nic, many thanks. You're really fast in reaction.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2015

Breakfast espresso just kicked in :-)

0 votes

is it possible and what is the impact to remove the context path (/confluence) from the URL of a Confluence installation?
Concerning existing web links in the content. Concerning planned cluster installation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2015

It depends on your data to some extent. If you have a Confluence where people have used links properly, then the impact is minimal, because links within the system are based on the base url. But if people have pasted full urls to Confluence pages into their docs, these will break. So [space:page] type stuff will work, but http://baseurl/context/display/space/page type links will fail as the context part disappears. You usually have to make the business decision to say to your users "tough, this is why you should use Confluence properly, it's up to you to correct all your links", or run a mini-project to find and replace all the broken hard urls. If you do the second, then insist on replacing them properly - don't correct the context in the url, but change them to proper [] based links As soon as you've changed the context and base urls and restarted, I would plan for a full re-index too. In theory, I'm not sure you need it for plain Confluence, but I suspect some macros and addons might need it. Check your user macros for any use of the base url too - I've made the silly mistake of hard coding urls into them sometimes, instead of using $baseurl (this is the same as using urls instead of [] links in pages, but, of course, user macros are totally different to pages) Probably the biggest part will be that you need to consider any integrations you've got (for example if you've used a 2 way application link with JIRA, that will need updating. Or if you've got scripts that hit the old url. And so-on)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events