Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatically getting jira issue key of confluence page in confiform field

ebrahim rezaian December 31, 2021

Hello my friends

i had used "cwx publish issue (deprecated)" post function in my create issue transaction. in template of this postfunction i have a confiform form.

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-31 at 12.00.47.jpeg

I want a field in my form to be filled automatically by issue key of "jira link" after registering.

Thank you

3 answers

0 votes

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 
a new way just came to my mind

could you tell me a way to get "page title" of confluence automatically in a field on confiform?

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2021

Hi

Not really sure what this "1 Jira link" thingy is, but probably it appears when the issue has a back link to Confluence page

There is a bit technical example on our wiki on how you can set the remote link 

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/TEST/Create+Jira+issue+with+webservice+connection+with+files+and+remote+links+-+storage+format

And the ConfiForms IFTTT that is responsible for that is (in Confluence storage format)

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d4d6ee84-0f33-4713-b0c4-04baad175345" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">WebService Request</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras">4bb4c41a51f289a07507d50a1b841a4d</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">/rest/api/latest/issue/[entry.jk.asJSON.key]/remotelink</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="additionalContext">file</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras2">X-Atlassian-Token: no-check;</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="who">POST</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="56a89f71-7d60-496a-ab45-2d6f6db4bd34" ac:name="noformat" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:plain-text-body><![CDATA[{
"object": {
"url":"https://wiki.vertuna.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=[entry._page.id]",
"title":"[entry._page.title.escapeJSON]"
}
}]]></ac:plain-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

So, basically it talks about posting some additional data to your Jira issue, and 

/rest/api/latest/issue/<ISSUE_KEY>/remotelink service in particular

The example uses WebService Request action type, but could also be set up using AppLink Service (IFTTT) type

Alex

Hello alex

this "1 Jira link" is the link of jira issue. According belowWhatsApp Image 2021-12-31 at 12.34.59.jpeg according to my "create workflow post function" after creating each issue in jira, a page will be created in confluence and shown in "wiki page".

if you click on this link, below page in confluence will be appearWhatsApp Image 2021-12-31 at 12.00.47.jpeg

i want issue key of jira issue (in this example: TAR-814) to be filled automatically in a field of my confiform form.

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ you can see the issue key "TAR-814" in Top left of the first photo

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2021

Thanks @Fabian Lim for notification!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events