automatically aggregate the top data row of many tables into a single master table

Fritz Bogott January 7, 2020

We have dozens of project pages, with one "weekly status" table per page, where we add a new row each week.

We want to have a master page with a master table that automatically aggregates the top data row from each of those projects.

Can anyone suggest a way to do that?

I can almost do it now, by:

- putting an excerpt macro around each table

- including all the excerpts in a master table

- using the table filter macro to showing only the first 1 row of each included table

BUT when I do that I get one copy of the headers per child table, and it looks like garbage. I either need to figure out how to get the table filter macro to suppress the headers or else I need to figure out a completely different approach.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hi Fritz,

as I get from your question you've got the Table Filter and Charts add-on installed (as have we).

I tried to merged two tables as you described using this add-on and succeeded. I did the following:

• Table pages
    1. Create two pages (Table 1 and Table 2).
    2. Each page has a label table.
    3. Create a table on each page having the same table columns. I added a column Week to identify the week of the status report.
    4. Put each table in a Table Excerpt Macro having the same name (table).
  • Master page
    1. Add the Table Excerpt include Macro to collect the tables. Use the following options:
      • Excerpt name = table (see table pages above)
      • Excerpt source = Pages with labels
      • Page labels = table (see table pages above)
      • Search in space = <insert your space here>

table_excerpt_include.png
    2. Put a Table Filter Macro around the Table Excerpt to filter out the unwanted rows.
      • Tab Filtration: Check Hide filtration pane
      • Tab Table View:
        • Default sorting = Week highest --> lowest
        • Show first N rows = 1 (=> show only the latest week!)
      • table_filter.png
    3. Put a Table Transformer around the Table Filter to merge the tables.
      • table_transformer.png

I hope this is what you wanted to achieve. If not, I had some nice time fiddling around with the Table Filter macros ;)

Cheers,
Kirstin

Fritz Bogott January 8, 2020

WOW WOW WOW. That indeed solves my problem. This eliminates the most tedious hour of my week every week. THANK YOU!

Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

You're welcome!

0 votes
Graham Greving January 7, 2020

Take a look at the Page Properties Report macro:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-properties-report-macro-186089616.html

This in conjunction with the Page Properties macro:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-properties-macro-184550024.html

can be used to define a table on a set of pages and have the content roll-up to a master page.

Fritz Bogott January 9, 2020

Cool! Thanks! I'll dig into this as well!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events