cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

atlas-debug unusable slow performance

Dirk Brutscher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2018

When developing an addon I currently encounter the problem, that running atlas-debug to start a local Confluence 6.10.0 is unuable slow. Loading a page sometime takes more than 30s. How can I debug this performance problem? And how can I give more memory resources to the atlas-debug instance (I think the 1GB may one of the problems).

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Hi Dirk,

From this article it looks like you can pass the min and max memory parameters to your instance with the --jvmargs flag: atlas-debug.

For example, the following would set it to 4GB: 

-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m

Since you are developing an add-on I wanted to share this link, too: Helpful resources for developers building Atlassian apps

Thanks,

Ann

Dirk Brutscher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

Ok, thanks, seems to work. No performance beast but must better than before :-)

1 vote
Ture Hoefner October 29, 2021

The syntax for the command with flags was painful enough for me to figure out that I thought I'd post it here so folks can copy/paste:

atlas-debug --maven-plugin-version 8.2.0 --jvmargs "-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m"

0 votes
Robert Varga August 5, 2022

This question was already answered but I want to share what helped in my case. I reduced number of active breakpoints (IntelliJ IDEA) and it made a huge difference.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events