assignment of issues

Bernd Broksch June 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Getting Help and Support

I can only assign uses to myself. Issues cannot be assigned to project member.

4 answers

0 votes
Rebecca M. July 6, 2016

Hi Bernd,

Using "@BerndBroksch" assigns the task to you. To assign it to another person, use "@personname".

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Bernd Broksch June 28, 2016

Hi Nic,

I just saw that my answer from last week didn't been stored. However, when I am editing a page which runs "task macro" I am creating tasks as described.  works fine,but when using @ @Bernd Broksch my name is selectable only.

Hope this helps

cheers

Bernd

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2016

That sounds like you don't have the ability to see other users.

0 votes
Bernd Broksch June 22, 2016

I am using the German version and I may haven't translated the term "Aufgabe" correctly. I am talking about confluence. A better translation may be: activity (this can be created when edtiting a page runing the corresponding macro.)

hope this helps?

PS: JIRA is working fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2016

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation.  I'd call them "tasks" as that's what we get when we're using the English language setup.  Atlassian tend to use different words in their systems even when they're often similar concepts (Confluence has spaces, JIRA has projects - they're both ways to logically group up objects so they have the same configuration and purposes).  It's often helpful, but also breaks translations annoyingly.

Could you explain how you're trying to assign the tasks?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2016

As you say "issues", I assume you mean JIRA, rather than Confluence.

If so, take a look at the permission scheme for the project.  What does the line "assignable user" say?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events