assignment of issues

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Getting Help and Support

I can only assign uses to myself. Issues cannot be assigned to project member.

4 answers

0 vote

As you say "issues", I assume you mean JIRA, rather than Confluence.

If so, take a look at the permission scheme for the project.  What does the line "assignable user" say?

I am using the German version and I may haven't translated the term "Aufgabe" correctly. I am talking about confluence. A better translation may be: activity (this can be created when edtiting a page runing the corresponding macro.)

hope this helps?

PS: JIRA is working fine.

Ah, ok, thanks for the explanation.  I'd call them "tasks" as that's what we get when we're using the English language setup.  Atlassian tend to use different words in their systems even when they're often similar concepts (Confluence has spaces, JIRA has projects - they're both ways to logically group up objects so they have the same configuration and purposes).  It's often helpful, but also breaks translations annoyingly.

Could you explain how you're trying to assign the tasks?

Hi Nic,

I just saw that my answer from last week didn't been stored. However, when I am editing a page which runs "task macro" I am creating tasks as described.  works fine,but when using @ @Bernd Broksch my name is selectable only.

Hope this helps

cheers

Bernd

That sounds like you don't have the ability to see other users.

Hi Bernd,

Using "@BerndBroksch" assigns the task to you. To assign it to another person, use "@personname".

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

468 views 19 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you