after user limit reached disabling users does not allow more to be added

Conf 5.0

10 user license - 10 in use - disabled one to allow another but 'add users' admin tab still says 'This Confluence installation is not licensed for additional users.'

5 answers

1 accepted

Nic,

I might suggest taking that user out of any group configured with the "Can Use" permission.

Sometimes things get a bit fiddly is a user is disabled, but still part of a permitted group.

Hmm - is that what I would call a 'bug' then ;-) ?

But thanks anyway - problem solved - fixed in next release, perhaps?

In fact, if I'm correct that disable option works great if you don't changes to the basic groups permission. When you start adding permissions and assign your own groups for "Can Use" it's something you have to revert.

I'm sorrry to disagree! User was member only of confluence-users, and there was no change to that group. Only one custom group had been created, to restrict access to a specific space, and this user was not a member.

If you want access to the instance to analyse please let me know.

My bad I though maybe you did any changes to the Global Permissions. Here's doc on how it works:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Removing+or+Deactivating+a+User

I think you are right.

Yup. The documention agrees that you shouldn't have to take disabled users out of groups! Are we agreed that this is a defect? Otherwise, you need to change that documentation page!

Well, if I were part of Atlassian hahaha... It really looks like a bug. You could create a support issue on Atlassian issues tracker so they can know about this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF

I think this is the outstanding bug for that behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24969

Hi Nic, how you have disabled the user?

AS admin, in User Admin, view Users, click to view user and click the 'disable' link. And the user shows 'disabled' - :

"This user has been disabled. This user will not be able to log in to Confluence."

Nic,

Did you create these users via Confluence, or is your user management hooked up to LDAP/Active Directory/some other external source?

local confluence directory only......

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

246 views 11 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you