Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after user limit reached disabling users does not allow more to be added

Nic Hart May 7, 2013

Conf 5.0

10 user license - 10 in use - disabled one to allow another but 'add users' admin tab still says 'This Confluence installation is not licensed for additional users.'

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

Nic,

I might suggest taking that user out of any group configured with the "Can Use" permission.

Sometimes things get a bit fiddly is a user is disabled, but still part of a permitted group.

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

Hmm - is that what I would call a 'bug' then ;-) ?

But thanks anyway - problem solved - fixed in next release, perhaps?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2013

In fact, if I'm correct that disable option works great if you don't changes to the basic groups permission. When you start adding permissions and assign your own groups for "Can Use" it's something you have to revert.

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

I'm sorrry to disagree! User was member only of confluence-users, and there was no change to that group. Only one custom group had been created, to restrict access to a specific space, and this user was not a member.

If you want access to the instance to analyse please let me know.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

My bad I though maybe you did any changes to the Global Permissions. Here's doc on how it works:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF35/Removing+or+Deactivating+a+User

I think you are right.

Nic Hart May 8, 2013

Yup. The documention agrees that you shouldn't have to take disabled users out of groups! Are we agreed that this is a defect? Otherwise, you need to change that documentation page!

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

Well, if I were part of Atlassian hahaha... It really looks like a bug. You could create a support issue on Atlassian issues tracker so they can know about this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2013

I think this is the outstanding bug for that behavior.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24969

0 votes
Nic Hart May 8, 2013

local confluence directory only......

0 votes
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2013

Nic,

Did you create these users via Confluence, or is your user management hooked up to LDAP/Active Directory/some other external source?

0 votes
Nic Hart May 7, 2013

AS admin, in User Admin, view Users, click to view user and click the 'disable' link. And the user shows 'disabled' - :

"This user has been disabled. This user will not be able to log in to Confluence."

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2013

Hi Nic, how you have disabled the user?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events