after upgrade can't reboot server without stopping / starting confluence

Chris Hoerske December 5, 2017

I updated my older version to the newest build.. I then backed it up and restored it to a fully patched Ubuntu 17.10 instance.  If I reboot or shutdown the server Confluence won't boot.  I have to delete the 'lock' file and manually start the confluence app.  I'll attach logs afterI create the ticket.

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Hoerske December 10, 2017

It works when I manually stop Confluence.. I guess I can do that for now on.. But.. I notice I'm using 3 GBs of RAM just on Confluence?  I have one user that uses it..  That's way too high..

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Chris,

Is this an automated task? Since your server doesn't appear to be stopping Confluence properly before it is rebooted then perhaps you could set a task to completely stop Confluence, verify that it is stopped, and then reboot?

As for the memory, you may do better if you ask another question with a relevant title as other users may have suggestions on that, but I would recommend reviewing our Memory Usage and Performance Tuning documentations. You can set the amount of RAM Confluence should use and there are things that can cause high memory which are mentioned in those articles.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Chris,

When the reboot of your Ubuntu server occurs, are you doing this manually or for a cron job/scheduled task?

I would recommend trying first to properly shut down Confluence, and then perform the reboot of Ubuntu, and let me know if Confluence is starting up in that case.

It appears that for some reason your server may not be properly shutting down Confluence before it restarts.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events