administration menu messed up

Richard A. Ehlinger September 8, 2015

Confluence 4.3.1

Users & Security show admin.section.security.title

Other menu options and titles have the same dotted syntax

This was after a duplicate database from Production.  The environment is development.  I did the same duplicate database to staging and it does not have the issue.  So I think it is the Conlfluence Home or the Data Home.

I cleaned out the plugin temp directories and such, as usual.  Went into and out of safe mode, but no help there.

Anyone run into something like this?

Thanks,

Rick

2 answers

1 vote
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2015

We can check if this could be related, Richard: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Menu+Titles+Appear+Broken+in+Confluence+Admin+or+Space+Admin+Due+to+Incompatible+Plugins

This doc suggest us to upgrade any incompatible add-on and verify if we need to remove them from the DB (PLUGINDATA), in case of not having it compatible with the instance. Since you have already tried to isolate it with the Safe Mode and cleaning the temp caches, this could be definitely related. 

If that's not the case, do you remember of any customisation applied in this instance, through the Look&Feel session of the administration console? Lastly, is it happening in all browsers?

Cheers, 

Giu

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2015

Hi Richard,

I remember that I have seen this behavior some time ago. The issue If I'm correct was caused due to differences in the installation and home directories.

What I recommend is to install Confluence from scratch (the same version and point to a different database schema) and copy just the attachments folder to the new home directory, then change the Confluence.cfg.xml file to point to the copied database from prod.

I hope that helps!

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events