adding a label to an expand macro

Naveen Daftari January 19, 2018

I have a page where I have expandable links. Under each link I'd like to create a label or tag so that when someone searches that tag, the link will come up under the search results. Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

Hi Naveen,

Could you please give an example for your scenario? And How many links/tags would for your example have on a page? Is it only important to have the link directly next to the tag in the search results like this example:

tag example.png

Just brainstorming a bit: I would suggest for the search to use for example page labels and combine that with a similar written tag next to your link within the excerpt macro (and then just hide the excerpt content on the page). In my example it would look like this with "platform" page label and "platform" written in the excerpt macro after searching for the term "platform". I would best desribe this as a quick win :)

tag example 2.png

I'm just thinking that using the available feature of labels in Confluence would be most benefical for each user in terms of searching for content.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events