adding a filter to the Page Properties Report Macro

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Page Properties Report Macro

HI,

I created a page properties report, and it is great. It displays the million pages i have with the relevant metadata ( properties). Now i want to be able to filter this table based on the properties in the table. However i only have the option to sort, not filter. Please assist!

And also, how do I add automatecly add predefined selection option and turn them into labels, like you do here on this question form,
When i open a new question, i need to select between the different parameters:

My questions is about JIRA/COnfluence?Hip CHat

Deployment: Server/cloud
Audience.... etc.
based on what i select, the labels change. 
How do I do it?

Thanks,

2 answers

Hi Maria,

You can use the table filter macro to filter the page properties report.

• Insert a table filter macro on your page.
  • Drag and drop your page properties report report inside the table filter macro
  • Edit table filter macro, use filter tab to add column filter
  • Go to filteration tab and use "set filters' defeult value" to assign per populated values to your filters

Hope you find this useful.

Hi Amit, I was looking to add the table filter macro, but I couldn't find it. Can you give me more details on how to add it?

Hi John,

You can find Table Filter macro at Atlassian Marketplace.

Hi Maria,

To filter in the Page Properties Report you have to use the filter options in the macro.  There are no filter options in the table itself.

Thank you, But the filter options within  the macro are very limited. For example, I can't use " include text" twice. Making it impossible to combine filter parameters. Are there any workarounds to it? Are there any Add-Ons to it? 

Thanks,

Hi Maria,

Unfortunately there aren't any workarounds or specific page properties add-ons (that I'm aware of).  There are quite a few table add-ons that allow you to add filter rows, etc - perhaps one of those would work?

Is there a way to suggest that this be added? It seems like filtering to only see properties one wants would be incredibly useful in cases with many pages, like Maria's and mine.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,933 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you