add user from confluence data-center to Active Directory

Amir April 24, 2021

hey everyone,

how can I create user in atlassian products (like confluence data-center) and automatically add it to Active Directory?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

Hi! 

Originally you need to connect to AD user directory in read-write mode. 

But I don't recommend to do it. 

Better to connect to AD user directory in read-only, and create users in AD side. 

Because AD user has many other attribute can be used for other products.

Please, check out

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-938847052.html

Amir April 25, 2021

Thanks for you answer

I'm in read-only mode and I didn't test read/write mode.

If I go into write mode, would I be possible to add user in confluence and it will be added to AD automatically?

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

@Amir it depends of the configuration. 

Please, check filter.

I do recommend you to still use as read-only and work from AD side.

Amir April 26, 2021

OK, Thanks a lot

If I didn't want to add user from confluence user management, I wanted to make a form in confluence to add user with all defined attributes there and post the form to AD with LDAP protocol. I didn't want to add user from AD side. Could you please help me how can I make that form and post it to AD?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events