accessing archives in deactivated account

Joanna Manikas August 16, 2019

Good morning, My company has a deactivated Confluence account and we are trying to get to archived materials.  I logged in as an administrator and tried to find it that way but couldn't. I asked the customer support for Atlassian and they recommended I reach out to the Community.

Questions are:  how do we access our archives?  can I need to do it as the administrator?

Thank you for your help,

Carol

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2019

Hello Carol,

According to the case you logged with our Billing & Licensing team, you have a Confluence license that expired in 2017. The particular license you are referring to is for a Confluence Server license.

If you did indeed host your own Confluence instance, then your server administrator would have had to set up some kind of Backup Strategy. If they have retained those files on the server, then they will be able to help you with the restoration. See Migrating Confluence Between Servers for information on how to restore that backup. You will need a new Confluence instance in order to restore your data and access it.

If this is not the instance you are looking to restore, and in fact, it was a Confluence Cloud instance (i.e. the domain will end in *.atlassian.net), then we do keep full site backups of the instance, until the site is canceled and shut down. At that point, the data is completely removed from our systems and not recoverable.

The Customer Advocate let you know that you can reach out to Community for support in the event that you do have your own backup and need help restoring it. If you are encountering any issues in restoring your content from a backup, please let us know.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events