It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Your JVM code cache memory is below the recommended limit

The system did not pass the code caching check, however increasing the size up to 768 megabytes the error persists. What size needs to be set for the system to work correctly?

2 answers

Hi @Артем Ларионов and welcome to the Community!

It may be a rather dumb question but have you restarted the Confluence after you increased the parameter?

Of course I restarted, which is interesting editing the setenv.bat file does not change the settings. At first I tried to increase dynamic memory, set the maximum and minimum values to 4096, restarted the service but the size did not change, only changing the values in the registry helped.

Yes, it seems to be the recommended way

The setenv.bat file is missing the section set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS =

The article you refer to is about increasing dynamic memory, I have a question about the size of the code cache. By default it was 256, the check for cache size in the setenv.bat file ceased to pass, set the value to 768, but the check still fails. Raised the value even until 2048, the result is the sameScreenshot1.pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.png

Same on linux my setenv.sh does not have this and manually entering it and putting it at 1024m still returns the error

SOLVED. Confluence deployed on the Windows platform does not take the parameters specified in the setenv.bat file at all, everything is taken from the registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\Confluence200120093415\Parameters\Java multi-line parameter Options at the end added memory parameters for the code cache

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize = 256m

Hi @Артем Ларионов 

These exact parameter and the registry path were mentioned the article I sent earlier:

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

4,117 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you