Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your JVM code cache memory is below the recommended limit

Артем Ларионов January 27, 2020

The system did not pass the code caching check, however increasing the size up to 768 megabytes the error persists. What size needs to be set for the system to work correctly?

2 answers

0 votes

Of course I restarted, which is interesting editing the setenv.bat file does not change the settings. At first I tried to increase dynamic memory, set the maximum and minimum values to 4096, restarted the service but the size did not change, only changing the values in the registry helped.

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Yes, it seems to be the recommended way

The setenv.bat file is missing the section set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS =

The article you refer to is about increasing dynamic memory, I have a question about the size of the code cache. By default it was 256, the check for cache size in the setenv.bat file ceased to pass, set the value to 768, but the check still fails. Raised the value even until 2048, the result is the sameScreenshot1.pngScreenshot2.pngScreenshot3.png

Harold Wong January 28, 2020

Same on linux my setenv.sh does not have this and manually entering it and putting it at 1024m still returns the error

Артем Ларионов January 29, 2020

SOLVED. Confluence deployed on the Windows platform does not take the parameters specified in the setenv.bat file at all, everything is taken from the registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\Confluence200120093415\Parameters\Java multi-line parameter Options at the end added memory parameters for the code cache

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize = 256m

Like Grigory Salnikov likes this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Артем Ларионов 

These exact parameter and the registry path were mentioned the article I sent earlier:

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2020

Hi @Артем Ларионов and welcome to the Community!

It may be a rather dumb question but have you restarted the Confluence after you increased the parameter?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events