You don't have permission to change site name

AV Team September 9, 2020

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a confluence site in cloud (trial version).  After confirming my email I was taken to a "Let's get stare" page where I was asked to enter the site name. 

After entering it, a green tick appeared next to the site name text box.  Then i clicked on the continue button below the text box and got the attached error (below is the screenshot ) and i can't proceed further.

Kindly adviseconfluenceerror.PNG

4 answers

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2020

Hello @AV Team and @James Munro,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Changing the site name is currently not supported for Trial and Free plans, only for paid plans.

If you are not using this new site for production and don't have any important data, you can create a brand new site on www.atlassian.com/try with the desired name. 

If you already have important data, you can create a new site also and then migrate to the new one. 

@James Munro if you want to keep using the Free site, you can also create a new one with the desired name and then change from the Standard to Free plan on Cog icon > User management > Manage subscriptions. 

Regards,
Angélica

Hai Nguyen September 23, 2020

Hey @Angélica Luz

I have this problem too, you should take a look on what the users are facing, not some kinds of copy and paste thing, this is the brand new account created during the Trial or Free account creation and what you have said above was for "Changing the Site name from existing one", they are different!

Like Obiajulu Ezeh likes this
Kate O'Brien October 21, 2020

I have this problem too. It gives the error for trying to change the site name, but I can't set one up in the first place.

Like Ben Brougher likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2020

Hello @Kate O'Brien,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our Customer Advocates and they mentioned that Cloud Free sites (as I said in my previous response) is not eligible for URL change.

To change the URL you can either upgrade your plan to Standard or create a new site on https://www.atlassian.com/try and then migrate the data from your current site to the new one.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Brayden Cloud March 3, 2021

I also ran into this issue. I was able to log in from an incognito window and bypass this screen as a workaround.

0 votes
James Munro September 13, 2020

I have the same issue trying to create a site - It is a trial for me also.

I've attempted to contact support but as it's a trial it keeps sending me back to community.

Cheers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

Hi @AV Team 

I would contact https://support.atlassian.com/ for this one. They will be best placed to advise why you are unable to create a new, available site!

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events