It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

XML Export stuck and Confluence Crashes

Confluence Version: 6.14.3

Server OS: Ubuntu 18.04

Database: Postgresql 9.6

Hi there,

I'm trying to export Confluence as an XML, to change Database from MySQL to PostgreSQL. After 1-2 hours of doing the export (via admin interface), Confluence crashes, because it rans out of memory.

I tried to do an mysqldump with the following parameter:

mysqldump --compatible=postgresql --default-character-set=utf8 -u<confdbuser> -p<password> --max_allowed_packet=512M --single-transaction --databases confluence > ~/confluence_pg.sql

Then i migrated it to an Postgres instance with pgloader. After the migration and starting up confluence connected to postgresql database, i receive the following errors:

An error occurred when getting the next batch for consumer type: DATA_UPLOAD. Message: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: wrong column type encountered in column [attachmentId] in table [MIG_ATTACHMENT]; found [numeric (Types#NUMERIC)], but expecting [int8 (Types#BIGINT)]
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: wrong column type encountered in column [attachmentId] in table [MIG_ATTACHMENT]; found [numeric (Types#NUMERIC)], but expecting [int8 (Types#BIGINT)]
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.DefaultSessionFactorySupplier.get(DefaultSessionFactorySupplier.java:57)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.DefaultSessionFactorySupplier.get(DefaultSessionFactorySupplier.java:36)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.jpa.impl.DefaultPluginTransactionTemplate.on(DefaultPluginTransactionTemplate.java:29)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.store.tx.PluginTransactionTemplate.write(PluginTransactionTemplate.java:24)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker.getNextBatch(QueueBroker.java:119)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker.dispatchBatchToConsumer(QueueBroker.java:113)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257)
at com.atlassian.migration.agent.queue.QueueBroker.runJob(QueueBroker.java:100)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.doRunJob(JobRunnerWrapper.java:120)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.lambda$runJob$0(JobRunnerWrapper.java:91)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContextInternal(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:87)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.vcache.VCacheRequestContextManager.doInRequestContext(VCacheRequestContextManager.java:71)
at com.atlassian.confluence.impl.schedule.caesium.JobRunnerWrapper.runJob(JobRunnerWrapper.java:91)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.runJob(JobLauncher.java:134)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launchAndBuildResponse(JobLauncher.java:106)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.JobLauncher.launch(JobLauncher.java:90)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.launchJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:443)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeLocalJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:410)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService.executeQueuedJob(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:388)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:285)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService$1.consume(CaesiumSchedulerService.java:282)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:65)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.executeNextJob(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:59)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.caesium.impl.SchedulerQueueWorker.run(SchedulerQueueWorker.java:34)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.hibernate.tool.schema.spi.SchemaManagementException: Schema-validation: wrong column type encountered in column [attachmentId] in table [MIG_ATTACHMENT]; found [numeric (Types#NUMERIC)], but expecting [int8 (Types#BIGINT)]

Is there a correct way to migrate confluence database from mysql to postgres?

Kindest regards,

Dominic

1 answer

0 votes

Hi,

no. The only way is to create a valid xml backup from Confluence and an import using the new database.

Creating a postgresql compatible mysql dump will not work.

Did you execute the backup command directly on the server as suggested in:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/manually-backing-up-the-site-152405.html

Best

JP

I guess i tried it in the past, but i will try it again today.

Do i have to execute a curl with basic login to start the backup process locally on the server (no GUI)?

Best,

Dominic

@Dominic Cardellinodid you manage to create the xml backup properly? I am having the same problem :(

Accessing the node as direct as I can would be http://node1:8090/admin/backup.action -- the server itself is without a GUI and I didn't find a way to trigger the export in the CLI. Unfortunately this ends in Java Out-Of-Memory errors pretty fast and I need to restart Confluence manually.

In the end I want to migrate from MySQL 5.6 to Postgre 9 - did you manage to find another way by any chance?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

7,069 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you