Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong information from Confluence contributors-summary macro

Lis Riba June 14, 2012

I am getting incorrect results from the {contributors-summary} macro.

Can someone please explain what the macro is doing to get these results and how to get more accurate information?

I've run this macro (in Confluence 3.5x):

{contributors-summary: space=FOO | scope=descendants | contentType=pages,blogposts | groupby=contributors | columns=edits,comments,labels,watches,lastupdate | order=update | showAnonymous=true}

The latest updates in the space were 1 comment yesterday, and 2 page edits last week (all by me).

However, the contributors-summary table shows 4 people whose last update took place "less than a minute ago"

Checking the latest activity in each person's profile, 1 was 3 hours ago, 1 was 2 days ago, and 1 has had no activity since February. [I'm the 4th person listed; my only activity today was creating the page with the contributors-summary macro in my personal space.

So what's going on here?

And, if this macro doesn't return accurate results, how can I reliably get the information this macro purports to provide?

3 answers

2 votes
Dale Fernandes January 12, 2021

Poor form that nobody from Atlassian has picked up or replied to this

I've today had a user report the same problem. New Page created, the contributor macro inserted, it displays a user in the results of the macro who has never seen the page, but also, with the "show zero counts"  unticked, and the user has zero counts against them, but still show! 

an explanation would be good. preferably in earlier than the next 2 years.

0 votes
Chase Seibert February 8, 2018

I am also experiencing incorrect results, which change every time you refresh the page. 

I wrote some code here to tabulate pages and edits by user.

https://github.com/chase-seibert/confluence-stats

0 votes
pmiller October 23, 2012

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm experiencing the same problem and I seem to have narrowed it down to a problem with comments. If any contributor has commented on a page, they always show their last edit "less than a minute ago". I don't know how to fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events