Wrong information from Confluence contributors-summary macro

I am getting incorrect results from the {contributors-summary} macro.

Can someone please explain what the macro is doing to get these results and how to get more accurate information?

I've run this macro (in Confluence 3.5x):

{contributors-summary: space=FOO | scope=descendants | contentType=pages,blogposts | groupby=contributors | columns=edits,comments,labels,watches,lastupdate | order=update | showAnonymous=true}

The latest updates in the space were 1 comment yesterday, and 2 page edits last week (all by me).

However, the contributors-summary table shows 4 people whose last update took place "less than a minute ago"

Checking the latest activity in each person's profile, 1 was 3 hours ago, 1 was 2 days ago, and 1 has had no activity since February. [I'm the 4th person listed; my only activity today was creating the page with the contributors-summary macro in my personal space.

So what's going on here?

And, if this macro doesn't return accurate results, how can I reliably get the information this macro purports to provide?

2 answers

Did you ever find an answer to this? I'm experiencing the same problem and I seem to have narrowed it down to a problem with comments. If any contributor has commented on a page, they always show their last edit "less than a minute ago". I don't know how to fix it.

0 vote

I am also experiencing incorrect results, which change every time you refresh the page. 

I wrote some code here to tabulate pages and edits by user.

https://github.com/chase-seibert/confluence-stats

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

140 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you