Wrong article title for some articles

irina chumanova April 12, 2019

Hi! We allow our customers to search by our Confluence knowledge base on our site. On the search results page, some of the Confluence articles have normal titles, but some of them include "Confluence mobile" text.

Articles from one and the same space can have different titles either with Confluence mobile or not. They look absolutely identic when I edit the articles in Confluence. 

What should I check to fix it and replace the Confluence Mobile text with the article title? Any suggestions why the 'Confluence mobile' text appears instead of the title?

2019-04-12_10-03-15.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hello Irina,

Thank you for reaching out! This is very interesting. Can you tell me how is the search embedded into your site? Does it use Google Search?

It appears similar to the issue that a user brought up in February. Could you have a look and confirm?

Regards,

Shannon

irina chumanova April 18, 2019

Hi Shannon, 

We use Google Search with Google CSE and Google API. 

And yes, it is exactly the same issue.

Did you find any solution how to switch it off? The pages were indexed at one and the same time. There is no difference between articles but titles are different. 

The strange thing is that Google itself shows correct titles. And they changed their indexing policy more than a year ago but we stuck on the the problem only in March, 2019.

Is there a way to change the title to specify normal title instead of the Confluence Mobile...?

Thanks for your help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2019

Hello Irina,

Thank you for verifying that. Unfortunately from what I can tell in my investigation, it's not possible to opt-out.

I would recommend reaching out via one of the options at Webmaster Support and see what they can tell you there.

Otherwise you can submit to Google to have your information removed

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events