Would disabling personal spaces prevent access to the ones already created?

Martin Doucet September 2, 2022

G'day all,

We're about to migrate our DC Confluence instance to another. The new instance we migrate to does not permit personal spaces. We have a couple already there, and I already ultimatum-ed the users to get their stuff out, lest it dies with the former instance.

As part of the glorious work of taking out the trash, I want to prevent any inspired individual to create a brand new personal space. I know where to toggle that functionality off (in Global permissions). Unfortunately I don't have a test instance to test and wreck things, and I wasn't successful in finding an answer to my current question:

If I turn off personal space creation capability, will the existing personal spaces remains accessible and editable by their owners?

That's it, that's the question. I hope, and assume, yes, but if a gentle soul would like to confirm, that's be great.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

@Martin Doucet 

Yes, it will be accessible even after you turn off the Create space permission.

They will be able to access the space.

The users who haven't created the spaces will not be able to create the space.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

@Martin Doucet 

FYI, For confirmation I have tested this in my environment

Martin Doucet September 2, 2022

I just performed the change and I can access my own personal space.

Many thanks for the quick response!

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events