Working on the plugin tutorial

Devin Grace May 21, 2021

I have been trying to complete the Confluence blueprint plugin tutorial and have been doing it inside a Windows 10 Virtual machine. I have completed the install of the plugin with "atlas-create-confluence-plugin" in the command line and now I used "atlas-run" to get the server up.

When it runs, sometimes it finishes, sometimes it will freeze. If it does finish, I go to the local host site like instructed but can never seem to connect to it through the browser (I am using the vm browser to try and access it). This also applies to the Atlassian Plugin SDK tutorial.

Does anyone have experience with creating plugins within a virtual machine and/or know how to consistently get the server to complete as well as access the plugin through the browser?

Any help is welcomed!

The Confluence Blueprint tutorial: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/write-a-simple-confluence-blueprint-plugin/

The Atlassian Plugin SDK tutorial: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/set-up-the-atlassian-plugin-sdk-and-build-a-project/

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2021

What does the terminal output say when the service is running and fails?  And the log?

Devin Grace May 24, 2021

For the jira plugin these are the last 5 lines before it freezes:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2021-05-24 05:47:52,539 Caesium-1-4 INFO [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeScheduler] Plugins upgrades completed successfully
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2021-05-24 05:47:52,539 Caesium-1-4 INFO [c.a.jira.upgrade.UpgradeIndexManager] Reindexing is not allowed after this upgrade and there is no immediate reindex requests
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] May 24, 2021 5:47:53 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl _initiate
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] INFO: Initiating Jersey application, version 'Jersey: 1.19 02/11/2015 03:25 AM'
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2021-05-24 05:47:57,071 Caesium-1-4 DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.troubleshooting.plugin-jira]

No errors given. And here is the Confluence plugin 5 lines:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-1990"]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] May 24, 2021 6:03:48 AM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-8009"]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] May 24, 2021 6:03:48 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] INFO: Server startup in 41120 ms

This also does not give any errors in the command line. Thanks for your interest in this! As for when the Confluence completes, the website just gives a 404 error.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events