Workflow for inactive users who want to login possible?

AR August 27, 2013

Hi there.

we're running the newest version of crowd/confluence. The userdata comes from crowd. If an inactive user tries to login to confluence he only gets the message "wrong username/password" but he can't figure out that he's disabled. So we want to avoid, that every disabled user has to call an admin if he got disabled due to inactivity. So we're looking for an workflow that gives inactive users the permission to reactivate their account themselves.

Any ideas for managing that issue?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
AR September 5, 2013

Ok I found a passable solution for me.

I activated cgi in tomcat and edited the login.vm with some html and javascript stuff.

The used buttons trigger some python scripts, which call some REST-API functions.

If some is interested, i could explain all in more detail.

bye,

AR

some screens:

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2013

Hi!

I believe that this would not be possible. The user can't activate his own account because this is meant for the administrator.

You can open a feature request however this might not be accepted for the application behavior.

I hope this helps!

AR September 3, 2013

hey! thank you for your response.

I am not sure about this, because if you edit the login.vm and add code like:

#set( $user = 'blabla' )
#set( $usernames = $userAccessor.getConfluenceUserPreferences($user) $userAccessor.isDeactivated($user)

then true or false will be returned on the login page.(depends on the user)

and there is also a method called "reactivateUser" which i haven't tried so far.

so the idea is that a person is able to check if he is active or inactive first. in the second step he should be able to reactivate himself.

my big problem (or what i do not understand) is how the parameter entered in the inputbox could be stored in a velocity variable. Maybe you could help me in this case, because the only thing i can track is, that someone puts some text in an inputbox and some action will be executed, but i cant track what happens with the input exactly.

I hope this is not too confusing.. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events