Worked example needed of displaying JSON data from a URL in a table for confluence

Chris Jones March 1, 2023

Hello,

I am using confluence server, and I need to display JSON data from a url (an API) in a table on a confluence page.

As an example of what I wish to do, I provide some dummy JSON data that has the same nested structure. In this example, there are 2 entries coming from separate form submissions, each of which record the same questions.

As an example, it would be great if I could find a way to display this data as a simple 2x2 table, with separate rows for each of the 2 entries, and columns corresponding to the answer to questions 2 and 3 (“Organization represented by speaker" and "Title of contribution"). The data comes from a url having the structure https://api.jotform.com/form/{formID}/submissions?apiKey={apiKey}

The answers I am seeking are nested under content/answers/{answer#}/answer/

I’m not able to install macros, but I have the following macros available to me that I could use:-

- ‘Advanced Table Editor - JSON Table’  (Bob Swift)

- ‘Table from JSON’ Macro (Stiltsoft)

- 'Restful Table' Macro (Adaptavist)

I have made extensive efforts to utilize those macros, already looking at the documentation and examples on their websites, which I cannot replicate or which are not applicable. (Although one of them provides a detailed worked example online, unfortunately the url for the JSON data no longer works, so there is no possibility of understanding/replicating it.) I have also searched for previous questions posted by other users on atlassian, but they didn’t seem to have the info I need. I just can’t figure out how to use any of these macros to achieve my desired outcome.

Since the JSON data provided via the url (API) might change, I need the table to update itself, for example when the page is opened/reloaded. – So attaching the JSON data as a file attachment, or importing it, is not a solution for me.

I would be very grateful if anyone can show me how to implement this as a worked example.

Thanks,

Chrisjson1.jpgjson2.jpg

1 answer

2 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya [Stiltsoft]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 2, 2023

Hi @Chris Jones,

The Table from JSON macro is provided by our app – Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

So, please let’s move to our support portal (it is based on Jira Service Desk and it’s confidential). Attach an example of your JSON file itself (not a screenshot), and we’ll try to help you with the case.

Chris Jones March 3, 2023

Thanks Katerina, much appreciated.

The complete version of the data source is available here: 

https://eu-api.jotform.com/form/230572687002352/submissions?apiKey=%7Be0f2c71e33bcaad6344490ac4f98dd51%7D

I have created a similar separate query on your support portal, but it looks like some extra assistance might be needed with it:

https://jsd.stiltsoft.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/TFCS-2460 

Thanks a lot!

Chris

Like Stiltsoft support likes this
Chris Jones March 9, 2023

It looks like the ‘Table from JSON’ Macro (Stiltsoft) cannot render json data in this form.

Like Stiltsoft support likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events