cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word import fails: Content encoding error, unvalid form of compression

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2014

Hello,

I have a very big word document that I need to import into confluence. The import doesn't work as expected and I can't figure out what is wrong. I am hoping to get some hints what could help to solve the problem.

The word file is about 150 MB big and contains lots of images. The import sometimes works and sometimes not:

The import fails with an error message saying "content encoding error. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."...

• ...when I import the whole document and use the option "split by heading" (my ideal approach)

The import sometimes works ...

• ...when I do the same as above but do not split the document by headings or
  • ...when I take the document, split it in parts beforehand and only import a smaller segment of the whole document

Ideally, I would like to import that whole document and automatically split it by headings (variation 1). Some workaround would be okay if I only knew where to start.

Does anyone have an idea where the root of my problem is?

More specifically: Does it have to do with the big size of the document, with the number of images included, is there some problem causing content somewhere inside the document (that I would have to find and erase), or what else?

Thanks for helping.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2014

Okay, examined the word document more closely:

It seems there are some strange code bits coming from the original source causing the problems. Not fully confirmed yet, but probably the topic is nothing that must be discussed here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events