With the Excel Macro: How do I display ONLY the populated cells in excel spreadsheet?

Julie Tholen May 7, 2018

The workbook as three pages. I have used to three Excel macros, on to display each page. When I display two of the pages, I don't see the grid lines, on the third display, I see the grid lines. 

All three pages are formatted the exact same way in the Excel file. In the macro, I have deselected the show grid line option.

Also, editing the rows and columns doesn't seem to work all the time.

Finally, even though I saved the workbook, page by page at 170% it shows up in the macros so small it can be read easily. 

what sort of mess have I gotten into, and how do I get out?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julie Tholen May 7, 2018

so here is what I did and it worked perfectly for one spreadsheet, and good enough for the other two.

In the Excel Workbook, sheet-by-sheet, I adjusted the font size to 10pt; I went into PageView and adjusted & set the print area; I deselected the gridlines, labels & formula bar. And of course SAVED.

In the Excel Macro, I selected each sheet by name, deselected the gridline options and saved.

I got larger display in two of the three sheets, but good readability, no gridlines and all my rows and columns.

WHY is this macro so much more clugey to work with than the PowerPoint one?

Rufus John December 9, 2020

Thanks Julie for sharing your solution to a problem so many face. Can understand how painstaking it is to go deep into macro/plugin issues but then the relief that comes when you come up with a solution on your own. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events