It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Wiki markup plugin disabled after upgrade to Confluence 4.3

TNTP Sep 09, 2012

We just upgraded our staging instance to Confluence 4.3. After the upgrade, the Wiki Markup Plugin is disabled. It is not possible to enable it, as far as I can see.

Now we have errors on pages where content was previously not migrated or a macro is being used that still functions in wiki markup. What's the solution?


4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

OK and here are my Solution for a deactivated Wiki Markup Plugin.

You can solve it by calling the hidden url:

<YOUR CONFLUENCE PATH>/admin/enableplugin.action?pluginKey=confluence.xhtml.wikimarkup&atl_token=dfbf213496c3f97019024f93c6aef89280eaf217

You have to insert your own atl_token. Simply scan the html for this.

Chris Keeble May 23, 2013

Thanks Sandro, your tip worked nicely.

I just had to do this with an upgrade to Confluence 5.1.3 (from 5.1.2) unsure what caused the problem though.

For anyone reading this, don't panic if you get security token errors, try again and all should be ok.

1 vote

Which version of the Wiki markup version are you using?

Please note that only the latest version (1.1.0) is compatible with Confluence 4.3. You should update the plugin to that version. More info in this link.

0 votes

Have the same problem here. the "unmigrated-wiki-markup" Macro gone. The Wiki Markup Plugin is disabled (at least its modules).

How can i reactivate it ??

Is there an hidden URL to do this??

0 votes
TNTP Oct 09, 2012

After a ridiculous amount of time spent trying to fix this, we finally figured out that the database hadn't upgraded to 4.3. Here is the fix we implemented, which worked.

When we attempted the upgrade, we did the following:

1. Changed the 'deployment' symlink pointing to the directory containing the JARs that are the core of Confluence from the 4.1 directory to the 4.3 directory.

2. Changed the 'data' symlink, pointing to the Confluence Home directory, from pointing to the previous 4.1 version to the 4.3 data from the previous upgrade attempt.

3. Re-imported the database export from the production application into Postgres.

We assumed that Confluence would detect that the 4.1 database was an older version and automatically upgrade it to 4.3. However, this was not the case, as the confluence.cfg.xml in the 4.3 Confluence Home data directory already indicated that the data had been upgraded. This resulted in the oddities and SQL errors that you saw. Additionally, when I checked the instance to ensure that it was working, I didn't hit the correct dashboard as it was giving a HTTP 301 redirect to, which I missed during my post-upgrade checks. As a result, it appeared to be working as normal. The admin panel still worked, which is where I confirmed that the version had been changed to Confluence 4.3.

As a result of troubleshooting these errors, we then did the following:

1. Changed the 'version number' in the confluence.cfg.xml to that of the previous deployment.

2. Restarted the application.

After doing this, the application successfully upgraded its database to the format it needed to run Confluence 4.3.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,528 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you