Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widget macro not working for Flickr or Twitter

Kari Obrist August 6, 2019

I can not get the widget macro to work for Flickr or Twitter. All I get is the little gear icon with the URL, but I don't get any feed information. I'm on Confluence Cloud and have tried on a few different browsers.

Any ideas

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 4.36.14 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2019

Hello,

You can use this app to integrate Twitter

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216687/twitter-connector-for-confluence

The widget won't work.

Cheers

Przemyslaw

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hello Kari,

Thank you for contacting us about this.

I've seen the issue with Twitter in the past when they had deprecated the Twitter 4.0 API, and I imagine this is something similar. I was able to find a bug ticket for Twitter in Confluence Cloud, and the bug for Flickr in Confluence Server. I've created a Cloud version of the same bug below. Please click This affects my team and you will automatically receive updates in the future.

• CONFCLOUD-29639 Twitter feeds have stopped working in the Widget Connector
  • CONFCLOUD-67432 Widget Connector Macro no longer working with Flickr URLs

As a workaround, users are using an HTML macro to directly embed the code from Twitter and Flickr. As you're on Confluence Cloud, you can try the same with 3rd party add-on  HTML Macro for Confluence Cloud, since the HTML Macro of Confluence Server isn't available for Cloud.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Kari Obrist August 9, 2019

I don't think this is a great answer -- the solution is that I have to pay even more for a 3rd party add-on to use a feature that should come as part of my Atlassian subscription?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hello Kari,

Yes, unfortunately, you will need to use the 3rd party add-on as a workaround. This issue is due to Twitter changing something on their end which caused the feature to stop working. This is likely the same with Flickr as I know they've been going through a lot of changes recently. 

I would encourage you to subscribe to the tickets I sent, so you can be alerted as soon as the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Connie McCutcheon September 11, 2019

Not able to click "this affects my team" - don't see it anywhere.  That said ... this bug ... in fact does in fact affect my team.  

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2019

@Connie McCutcheon,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, and thank you for following up.

The This affects my team link is available at the top-right of the bug:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 11.37.07.png

I can confirm that for both cases, it's still possible to vote on them as they haven't been closed. If the link appears in grey, then it means you are not currently logged in. Please login and you will be able to vote.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events