Why when I add a message in the custom HTML - a scroll is added to the pages in Edit mode

shira segal inbar February 18, 2018

Hi,

We added a message to the custom HTML At end of the HEAD (inside a div tag).

The problem is that a second scroll was added to all pages, this scroll is only on edit mode.

Is there an idea for a solution?

Thanks,

Shira

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Shira,

Could you clarify what you mean that a scroll was added? Feel free to share a screenshot, and let us know what you're trying to accomplish exactly.

It will also help if you show us the exact code that you're using.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Shannon

shira segal inbar February 25, 2018

Thanks Shannon,

In the image attached you can see the double scroll i was referring to.

It happens only in large pages.

The code:

<html>
<div style="background-color: #b3e5fc; border: 2px solid #000000; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold 1; text-align: center;"> Confidentiality Notice: This site ........
</div>
</html>

The double scroll:

Double scroll.PNG

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2018

Hi Shira,

Where exactly are you adding the code? I am trying to replicate this myself, but I am unable to get it in the same location as yours which makes me think you might be directly editing the Confluence source code. Could you confirm where you are adding this?

Secondly, can you tell me which browsers you're able to replicate this in?

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2018

Shira, 

I looked into this and confirmed with a colleague, and you might be able to get around that issue by changing the overflow property on that div.

For example:

overflow: visible !important

Can you try that and let us know how it goes?

Shannon

shira segal inbar February 27, 2018

Hi Shannon,

I try the overflow and still we have double scroll.

I add this code in the Custom HTML At end of the HEAD and we are working with chrome.

Thanks,

Shira

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2018

Shira,

Does the issue ONLY occur in Chrome or does it show in all browsers?

When you say you add them at the end of HEAD, I think you mean that you're editing the source files instead of using Confluence's built-in features to add code to a header. Is this correct?

If so, I'm not really able to provide much more help here as the issue is more development related than Confluence, but the key is that you can try different overflow options on the div and see which one will correct the issue for you. I'm sorry the one that we provided you doesn't work but there are some others you can try:

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events