Why isn't file preview is not working when using the office excel macro?

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

When I use the office excel macro to add excel content to a page, I don't get the preview functionality. If I just drag and drop the excel file I can click on it and get the preview functionality which then give me the option to edit with. If I go to the attachments for the page I can't preview there either, but if I add the attachments macro to the page I do see the preview button. Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2019

Hi,

which Confluence version are you using?

You might want to check:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-6-14-release-notes-963655609.html#Confluence6.14ReleaseNotes-Morewaystoeditfiles

The Excel macro embeds defined content of the excel file directly into the page w/o the need of a preview, whereas dragging or embedding the excel file directly creates a preview placeholder & opens a preview after clicking on the placeholder.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events